Be My Guest - Daal Ghosht (Mutton with Lentils)

So quickly this year came to an end! I started off the year with Sharanya and now as the last guest post of this year, I have Razina with me. I must sincerely thank each and every beautiful blogger who has been a part of this amazing journey this year. I am not expecting anything for the coming year, but definitely if the response is good, I will continue with this series of mine, since I enjoy each and every moment from the up and down emails to the guest posts to the tweaking, to the preparation of the post, scheduling and eagerly waiting to see how it fares, since it is a win-win situation for both the involved bloggers and after all, what we are doing is a common passion, right... :)

I guess Razina and I started blogging at almost similar time, so I know her blog from the beginning. I have always loved the traditional recipes that she shares, especially her non-vegetarian fare. Her Awadhi Mutton Biriyani is one of the bookmarked recipes that I am very keen to try on very soon, InShaAllah. Though it is cold here, her Doodh Ka Sharbat does not fail to tantalize my taste buds and make me weak. I love flavored milk and this one definitely sounds really well. Having spent a good part of her life in the UAE, I can feel her "homesickness" of having left this country. I perfectly understand how much this country attracts people and make you feel as though you are leaving a part of yourself while leaving from here. Keeping that aside, let me welcome my guest for the day with her delicious dish...

Over to you, Razina...




Hi all, I'm Razina who blogs at RaaaZzzfoodlove. Born in India (North), happily lived in U.A.E. and now thrown back to India (South), where still I'm in the process of settling down even after 6 years of stay here. My taste buds prefer more of the Middle East cuisine but I do not know how to churn them. After 7 years of stunts in the corporate world, I have started performing experiments in the kitchen for the past 2 years. So far I've been learning and improved a lot and you'll find all the basic recipes plus authentic recipes from UP as well as my baking experiments on my page. RaaaZzzfoodlove was born more out of necessity to keep a record of my daily meal.

I was really inspired by all the guest posts happening here and I too wanted to be a part of it. I inboxed Rafeeda expressing my interest but then it was long long back and the rest is history. Finally I got the slot and prepared the best that I could do to satisfy the taste buds of a very friendly and humble blogger. 


Chaney ki Daal aur Gosht / Daal Gosht

Ingredients:

Mutton - 1/2 kg
Chana daal - 1/2 cup, soaked for an hour
Black cardamom - 2
Black peppercorns - 2-3
Cinnamon - 1 inch 
Bay leaf - 1
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Onions - 2 medium, finely sliced
Tomato - 1 small, chopped
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp 
Green chillies - 2-3, chopped into chunks
Salt - to taste 
Coriander leaves - for garnishing
Oil

Method: 

·         In a pressure cooker,  heat oil and add cardamom, peppercorns, cinnamon, bay leaf and cumin seeds. Saute for 30 seconds
·         Add onions and fry till it turns golden brown in colour
·         Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell disappears
·         Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cook till tomatoes are fully mashed up and oil separates
·         Add the mutton pieces and saute on high flame till it changes colour
·         Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook till mutton is 3/4 done, don't cook the mutton fully
·         Add the soaked daal and pressure cook again till daal and mutton are fully done and oil separates
·         Sprinkle garam masala powder, green chillies and coriander leaves. Simmer for 5-7 minutes
·         Serve hot with roti or rice


Hope you liked it as much as I did and thanks once again for featuring me on your space.


It was definitely a pleasure having you around, Razina. Hope all of you enjoyed the post... Wishing you all an awesome weekend! :)

Labels: , ,