Be My Guest - Paneer Kathi Wraps

Hosting new guests over here has become like second nature to me now! So many talented bloggers have come and graced this little space of mine. Even though I have moved this event from being a weekly feature, to biweekly, to once-per-3-week feature due to the difficulty to manage my schedule and time, still I love the response I get regarding the same - whether it is my request to fellow bloggers or viceversa - that the thought of putting an end to it never crosses my mind, till the time it becomes too difficult for me to manage! Till then, let me go on with it till I can, so from this month, you will start seeing the guest posts as once a month, on every third Saturday, InShaAllah...

Today, I have with me a lovely guest - finally she is on my space! Hehe... We have been communicating up and down since the beginning of the year regarding she being a part of this event. And I am glad that finally she is here on my space. "A Bowl of Curry" has been a blog that I have been following since the beginning. What I love in it is the Kerala dishes that are featured that make me reminisce of home, and gives me a place to refer to whenever I am in a mood to cook that belong to our culture. Just have a look at her Karimeen Fry or the Malabar Chicken Fry and you are in for some droolworthy recipes! Not to mention about her pictures and styling, which are to the point and simple. I guess I just move on and give the honors to her for today... I am so overwhelmed with her innocent style of writing and am sure all of you will be as well! Ah... why didn't I tell her name? Preetha, or Preetha chechi as I like to call her... A stay-at-home mom, I am sure that her cooking is highly appreciated by her family!

I guess, I just go on and hand over this poduim to chechi, who has come by with a delicious street food, so unique in itself... and ah, can't stop drooling at the pictures...


A big hi to all BIG SWEET TOOTH READERS.....I am Preetha, and I proudly say a wife, mother of 3 kids, homemaker and passionate cook plus now a happy food blogger at my beautiful space “A BowlOf Curry". I thank you so much Rafee, for giving me this opportunity to showcase my talent with a simple recipe at her blog....

About Rafee I would say, I don’t think she needs much of an introduction among food bloggers. She is one among them, who inspired me and my daughter to start this idea of blogging. After my daughter created this blog for me, I had no idea how to take off... so i was watching some of my blogger friends; there I would see Rafee’s inspiring, loving and honest feedbacks on each blogs...That’s how I started to know her. Then when I started following her, I could really see the magic in her hands, not only in cooking, but the way she starts each posts of hers... I would say an ardent writer. I admire her about, how she balances in whatever role she plays in her life. And there I  saw this “Be My Guest”,  I was in a big confusion or what not I would say....should I mail her a request or not. But she happily accepted my request, saying yes Preetha chechi… and gave me the freedom to post any recipe … and here I am at Rafee space FINALLY ( as i was very very late with the recipe, we had planned it much before this year and it got postponed). I feel it is great to do a guest post in her lovely space and do let me not spoil this blog as I am very poor in writing.

Over to the recipe.....If you have been to my blog, you can see a collection Traditional veg and non – veg recipes from Kerala. So I decided to do a North Indian recipe- Paneer Kathi Wrap. One of my favorite street food snack I would love to have, so I literally digged for the taste each time I have made it. Kathi roll is an Indian street food, Indian flatbreads are stuffed and rolled wit veggies, chicken, mutton etc. A very easy snack to prepare, a few hours of marinating of the paneer and veggies with the spice powders and cook it... and just wrap inside soft roti. So here goes the recipe...

Made 15 Paneer Kathi Wraps

Ingredients

For the filling
Paneer cubes – 200 gms
Onion diced – 3
Capsicum diced – 2
Tomato diced (pulp removed) – 2

For Marination
Yogurt – 6 Tbsp (preferrably hung curd)
Kasurimethi – 3 Tbsp
Tandoori Masala – 2 Tsp
Chaat Masala – 1 Tsp
Red Chilly powder – 2 Tbsp
Garam Masala – ½ Tsp (Optional)
Ginger garlic paste – 2 Tsp
Lime juice – ½ Lime

For the Wraps / Roti
Maida/ All purpose flour – 2 ½ cups
Baking powder – 1 Tsp
Salt – as needed
Water – to make the dough

For Garnish
Onion thinly sliced with lemon juice and chaat masala– 1
Green coriander – mint chutney – as needed

Others
Coriander Leaves – optional(I did not use)
Oil – 1 Tbsp


Preparation

For the filling
For the wrap / roll
Making the Kathi Wrap
Enjoy!!!!!

Thank you a ton Rafee, for making me a part of your lovely and encouraging blog. I felt so honored and cherished being your guest.


Sometime back, I had made this, which is similar to her recipe, but definitely hers sounds so much easier! I feel that wrap is calling my name... Once again, thank you so much Preetha chechi for being a part of my humble blog...

Hope all of you have an awesome weekend! :)

Labels: , ,