Be My Guest - Soya Stuffed Tomatoes

The next alternate Saturday is up with the next guest post!!! Arranging guest posts seem to have become a part of my monthly schedule now, seriously!!! And I just love working on it, mainly because of all the love my readers tend to give them as well... :)

Coming to today's guest post, it comes from a very talented blogger that I really admire. Sharon, who blogs at Korporate 2 Kitchen, has a blog full on mind-blowing recipes and simple yet apt pictures. I discovered her blog a few months ago through my normal browsing session and have been hooked on it since then. Being from Mangalore, sometime the dishes that she shares is so close to what we cook. There is just a difference of a border between Mangalore and Kerala, right??? When I invited her for a guest post, she so happily took it up. Since she is on diet now - actually I hate that word called diet, I would call it "healthy eating", sounds better, right? - she decided to share a yummy yet simple meal that she had prepared to make her meal times more delicious. Actually speaking, all we need to lose weight is a slight shift in our mentality. Keep your sweet tooth for your cheat day, which is now a Friday for me. Plan your meals well in advance, that really helps, believe me! As of now, I'm glued on to Sharon's space because now she shares what she is cooking to help her lose weight, and isn't it something what we women always want to? Till the world ends, women will never be satisfied with her weight or the way she looks... hehe... the bitter truth... :)

I guess I will stop my blah-blah and move on straight to my guest of the day...


I met Rafeeda 4 months ago in this wide blogging ocean. Although we have had minimal on line conversations, she comes across as a very simple sweet person. I always admire her time management skills & she plays a very good role in balancing work +family+passion. I really don't know how she does it! She is a very active blogger & never misses an opportunity to drop an honest feedback on my posts. When she pinged me to ask if I could guest post in her blog, I was very happy & told her yes right away. This is my first ever guest post & I am very glad that I am doing it in one of my favourite blogs. 

Here is a small intro to know me a little better:
From a Corporate Executive to being a full time mommy and now a passionate Food blogger, my life has so far been very dynamic. I have worked in great companies like Tesco, Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC), McAfee India & RBS Singapore. Throughout my corporate career I have been part of HR Learning & Development.

Vibrant as life has been, somewhere in the middle of all this I married the Man I LOVE 4 years ago, a complete IT professional. His career advancement to Singapore brought us here to this colorful bright country. Little did we know then that we would fall in love with this country & plan to stay here for long. We were blessed with a bundle of joy “Zion” in June 2011. I quit my job & decided to stay at home to be with my baby. With a lot of time on hand, I invested my time in something that I was very passionate about i.e. cooking, baking & cake decoration. It has been fun & therapeutic. With this, “Korporate2kitchen” happened & I am loving what I am doing.


Currently I work as a freelance Training consultant here in Singapore & I am associated with couple of great training companies in the world. In my career I have enjoyed Employee & leadership training facilitation more than anything. In future I plan to blend both my strength "soft skills" + "cooking" into a workshop:) Well along with one of this long term goals, I also have many short term ones which I am working on to reach my final destination soon. Don’t forget to check out my youtube channel & I have some video recipes up & runningJ

Coming back to today's post, Most of you who are following my blog already know that I am on a diet now & hence staying away from seeing all the good foodJI To make my diet food more interesting, I keep experimenting on a lot of new food. I made these stuffed tomatoes & they were super yummy. You can chose any stuffing you may want in these. I have used Soya chunks in these.


Serves: 4
Making time: 30- 45 mins

Ingredients:
· 2 cups Soya chunks boiled & drained
· 2 Tbspn Oil
· 1 medium size Onion finely chopped
· 1 Tbspn ginger garlic paste
· ¼ tspn turmeric powder
· 1 tspn chili powder
· 1 Tspn coriander powder
· ½ Tspn cumin powder
· ½ Tspn Kasoori Methi
· 1 Tbspn Tomato ketchup
· 2 Tbspn chopped coriander leaves
· ¼ cup bread crumbs
· Salt to taste
· 1 Tbspn Lemon juice
· 5 medium size red tomatoes
· ¼ cup red cheddar cheese
· 2 Tbspn of oil for baking
Directions:
1.    Wash the tomatoes, cut the top of the tomatoes & scoop out all the seeds, flesh from inside
2.    Now refrigerate these tomatoes for about 10 mins
3.    Mince the boiled & drained soya chunks in the mixer. Just run the mixer (mixy) for 3 to 5 seconds. Set the minced soya chunks aside
4.    In a Pan add oil, fry ginger garlic paste, onion for 2 to 3 minutes.
5.    Add in all the masalas & sauté for few minutes
6.    Now add in the soya chunks, tomato ketchup. Salt, bread crumbs & sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
7.    Garnish the dish with lemon juice, kasoori methi & coriander leaves.
8.    Remove the tomatoes from the fridge & fill it with the soya mixture.
9.    Add a Tbspn of grated cheese on top of the tomatoes.
10. Line silver foil on a baking try & spray some cooking oil on top of the silver foil.
11. Now place the tomatoes on top of the silver foil. Spray some cooking oil on top of the stuffed tomatoes & bake these on a preheated oven for about 25- 30 minutes at 200 degrees.


Thank you so much Sharon for coming by and being a part of this series of mine... It was really a pleasure having you here... and I am sure a lot of us would take inspiration on the way you are working on your eating habits to ensure proper weight loss... :)

Till next time, cheers to all of you and enjoy your weekend!!!

Labels: , ,